Megan Thee Stallion, Folklore, Watermelon Sugar: Post-Grammys Boost

rollingstone March 18, 2021 Megan Thee Stallion 29
Megan Thee Stallion, Folklore, Watermelon Sugar: Post-Grammys Boost

Breaking down the impact of the 2021 Grammys by the numbers

'Silence of the Lambs': 'It Broke All the Rules' Taylor Swift: Digital album sales across her entire catalog increased 131% comparing Sunday to Saturday, and an additional 12% comparing Monday to Sunday. Specifically, digital album sales of her Album of the Year winner Folkloresaw a 236% boost Sunday compared to Saturday, an additional 32% increase Monday compared to Sunday, and a 64% boost in streams Monday compared to Sunday. While Cardigan and Exile saw big boosts in song sales and streams, it was August that increased the most, with a 92% increase in streams Monday compared to Sunday, and a 4,600% increase in song sales Sunday compared to Saturday. Dua Lipa: Dont Start Now and Levitating saw 122% and 148% increases in song sales Sunday compared to Saturday, and Future Nostalgia, which won Best Pop Vocal Album,saw a 233% increase in digital album sales Sunday compared to Saturday. Streams remained relatively neutral. Megan Thee Stallion: Digital album sales across her entire catalog increased 178% Sunday compared to Saturday, with overall song sales increasing 99% Sunday compared to Saturday and remaining high on Monday. Savage, which won Best Rap Song and Best Rap Performance, saw a 513% song sale increase Sunday compared to Saturday, with sales remaining high on Monday. H.E.R: I Cant Breathe, which won Song of the Year, saw an 89% increase in streams Sunday compared to Saturday, and an additional 142% increase in streams Monday compared to Sunday. It also saw a huge 6,771% increase in song sales Sunday compared to Saturday. Harry Styles: Watermelon Sugar, which opened the broadcast and won Best Pop Solo Performance, saw a 1,027% increase in song sales Sunday compared to Saturday. Fine Line saw a 368% increase in digital album sales Sunday compared to Saturday, both sales remaining high on Monday. Billie Eilish: Everything I Wanted, which won Record of the Year, saw a 32% increase in streams Monday compared to Sunday, while her overall digital album sales and song sales increased 79% and 98% on Sunday compared to Saturday. No Time To Die saw a 22% increase in streams Monday compared to Sunday. Some other winners and nominees who saw notable boosts in streams and sales: Mickey Guytons overall catalog saw a whopping 4,870% increase in song sales and 7,800% increase in digital album sales Sunday compared to Saturday. Black Like Me saw a 106% stream increase Monday compared to Sunday, and a huge 13,892% increase in song sales Sunday compared to Saturday. BTS saw a 493% increase in digital album sales Sunday compared to Saturday and an additional 22% increase Monday compared to Sunday. Their song sales are up 530% on Sunday compared to Saturday, with Dynamite seeing a 1,056% boost in song sales Sunday compared to Saturday. Haims The Steps saw a 119% stream increase Monday compared to Sunday. They also got a 1,062% boost in overall song sales and a 969% boost in overall digital album sales Sunday compared to Saturday. Women in Music Pt. III saw a 1,165% boost in digital album sales, Sunday compared to Saturday. Streams for Kings Disease by Nas were up 42% Sunday compared to Saturday, and an additional 97% Monday compared to Sunday. Kaytranadas overall streams are up 17% Sunday compared to Saturday, and an additional 39% Monday compared to Sunday. Brittany Howards overall streams are up 20% Sunday compared to Saturday, and an additional 59% Monday compared to Sunday.

Related Post